Bulgaria Protected Birds Enjoy New Offspring
A new generation of pelicans is already populating the "Srebarna" reserve in northeastern Bulgaria.
Over 70 pelican couples returned in the spring to their home - the "Srebarna" lake.
Naturalists say it is still difficult to determine the exact number of the new pelicans because the parents hide their young offspring carefully.
The colony is being monitored on a daily basis to prevent last year's wild hogs' attacks.
The refuge is also the home of other protected birds such as rare species of swans, herons, geese, and others.
- » Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
- » A Spectacular Tornado Hit West Germany!
- » EU Suing France, UK and Germany over Air Pollution Levels
- » Sun, Rain and Thunder, Hail ... The Weather for Today
- » 15 Minutes Hail and Disaster in Byala Slatina, Northwestern Bulgaria
- » Life on a volcano: Volcanic Eruptions in Hawaii Have Intensified (VIDEO)