Bulgaria Protected Birds Enjoy New Offspring
A new generation of pelicans is already populating the "Srebarna" reserve in northeastern Bulgaria.
Over 70 pelican couples returned in the spring to their home - the "Srebarna" lake.
Naturalists say it is still difficult to determine the exact number of the new pelicans because the parents hide their young offspring carefully.
The colony is being monitored on a daily basis to prevent last year's wild hogs' attacks.
The refuge is also the home of other protected birds such as rare species of swans, herons, geese, and others.
- » NIMH: Mostly Cloudy Over Bulgaria, Almost no Rains
- » Snow Blocks the Turkish Capital
- » NIMH: Changing Clouds Over Bulgaria Today, no Significant Rains
- » Russia Admitted about Radioactive Contamination over Europe in September
- » Meteor Turned the Night into a Day over Lapland (Video)
- » The Snowfall Stopped Trains in Gabrovo