Burgas Joggers Find 2 Dead Dolphins on Beach
Two dead dolphins have been found on the central beach of the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas.
The dolphins were discovered by joggers early Thursday morning. The joggers have notified the Regional Inspectorate for Preserving the Environment and the Waters.
The dolphins' bodies were in a very advanced decaying stage.
This is already the third case involving a signal about a dead dolphin since the beginning of the year.
The three Black sea dolphin varieties are protected species by the Bulgarian legislation. The Law prohibits their disturbance, catching, killing as well as removing and taking away the dolphins' dead bodies by unauthorized individuals.
- » Deadly Storm Causes Dutch and German Transport Chaos
- » Emergency Situation Declared in Smolyan and Karlovo
- » Dirty Air Above the Norm in 10 Cities in Bulgaria
- » Yellow Warning for Strong Winds in Place For the Whole Country
- » Strong Wind has led to Road Problems
- » NIMH: Precipitation in the Country to Stop, Maximum Temperatures at 0-5°C