Bulgaria Education Ministry to Reinforce Literary Language Use
Literary Bulgarian language is mandatory in all Bulgarian public schools, the Bulgarian Education Ministry declared Tuesday.
The Ministry issued the declaration to respond to an internet petition that has already collected 80 000 signatures.
The petition claims that the mandatory use of literary Bulgarian is going to be eliminated and insists on keeping its studying and use as part of the State educational requirements.
The Education Ministry points out that in the project for the new Education Act, pending discussions in the Parliament, the mandate for the literary language was not only included but reinforced even further, with the requirement that standard Bulgarian is used, without exception, in all public schools beginning with the kindergarten level.
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021