Bulgaria Marks Earth Day with Countrywide Celebrations
The coalition of 30 non-governmental organization and civil groups "For nature to remain in Bulgaria" is celebrating Earth Day on Wednesday.
A series of events throughout the country have been organized to celebrate the day.
In the morning alpinists and climbers will drop environmental message banners down from buildings and crossroads in the center of Sofia .
At 11 am in the garden in front of the Bulgarian parliament a photo exhibition will be opened. There will be stands with information materials on how to live in harmony with nature.
There will be events marking Earth Day across Bulgaria; in Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Kurdzhali, Pleven, Sliven and Sopot.
Earth Day, celebrated April 22, is a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment. It was founded by US Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in in 1970 and is celebrated in many countries every year.
Happy Earth Day from the Novinite team!
- » The Weather Situation is Complicated: Snow Across the Country, Temperatures Fall
- » The Road Infrastructure Agency has Warned of Snow and Strong Winds from Sunday
- » There are no More Wild Horses on Earth
- » Brussels Introduces Free Public Transport and a Ban on Movement in Case of Air Pollution
- » Municipality in Veliko Tarnovo Will Place Filters on the Chimneys in the City Agaist Air Pollution
- » New Earthquake Measuring 3.8 on the Richter Scale near Asenovgrad