Bulgaria Universities Admit 10% More Students to Meet Market Demand
Bulgaria's universities are going to boost their admission numbers by 10% in order to meet demands on the labor market.
Bulgaria's Ministry of Education and Science has announced that the Bulgarian higher education institutions will admit almost 66 900 students for the 2009/2010 school year, which is 6 300 more than last year's numbers.
According to the Ministry, the admissions boost is taking into account the needs of the labor market, and the present number of unemployed university graduates.
The Ministry is aiming at encouraging the latest high-tech majors by increasing the admissions into IT and computer science majors by 25%, and into communications and computer hardware by 10%.
No new universities or colleges have been opened in Bulgaria in the last year, according to the Ministry.
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021