Chinese Billionaire Interested in Buying Bulgarian Town
Chinese billionaire, Yu Xin Su, wants to buy the Bulgarian town of Parardzhik because of the rice plantations that surround the town.
Su, 55, is prepared to pay EUR 1 B to the municipality of the town to be permitted to settle in and "change totally" the town situated in the Thracian valley.
His intentions are to turn the region into a vast rice plantation and to build an automobile plant, the Standart newspaper reported Wednesday.
The eccentric businessman was born in Shanghai but for 10 years has been living in Los Angeles. He made his fortune by trading in Chinese consumer goods.
It was fine quality rice that attracted Yu Xin Su to the town of Pazardjik. He learnt about the town on the Internet and became more enthusiastic about it after meeting Bilyana - a Bulgarian girl from Pazardzhik.
She introduced him to the history of the region. Bilyana told him that before World War II there were large rice fields in the vicinity of Pazardzhik. The businessman was inspired by the information and shared with his wife the idea to buy the town. She also embraced the idea and posted information in various forums.
The proposal of Yu Xin Su is to finance the town's budget for the next five years. In exchange he will make rice plantations around the town and build a plant for cars and aircraft. The businessman has no intentions to interfere with the governing of the town, assures Bilyana. So far, however, Pazardzhik municipality has not received an official offer from the Chinese businessman.
Happy April Fool's Day!
- » Eurostat: 85% of Bulgarians Live in their Own Home
- » 1/3 of Homes and Apartments in Bulgaria are Uninhabited
- » First Time in Bulgaria: Residential Complex Received a Certificate for a Sustainable Building
- » Construction and the Property Market with a Serious Jump in 2017
- » Part of a Main Boulevard in Plovdiv Turned out to be Private Property
- » The Chief Architect Offers Two Skyscraper Areas far from Downtown Sofia