A Thousand Bulgarian Students Become Managers for Day
Over 1 000 students from all over Bulgaria are taking part Tuesday in the "Manager for a Day" initiative.
The initiative is organized for the eight consecutive year under the leadership of "Junior Achievement Bulgaria."
The program has the goal to give students the opportunity to experience a real work day in a business environment, in state institutions and non-governmental organizations.
The 2009 edition of the program was officially launched by the Bulgarian Finance Minister, Plamen Oresharski during a ceremony at Sofia's "Kempinski Zografski" hotel.
The Minister voiced his full support for the initiative and said he was impressed by Bulgaria's young generation.
Around 250 companies and state institutions are taking part in the eight edition of the program, which is once again held under the patronage of the Finance Ministry and the active partnership of the Economy Ministry, the American Embassy in Sofia, the British Embassy, the United Nations, the American Chamber of Commerce among others.
The TV channel bTV, the "Capital", "Dnevnik" newspapers, Karieri.bg, Darik Radio, Radio StarFM, Publicist Consultants MARC and the Manager magazine are media partners of the initiative.
The 19-year-old student from the University of Sofia, Filipa Ivanova, had the opportunity to become Finance Minister for a Day. Oresharski personally greeted the young people, who wished to spend the day at the Finance Ministry, showed them his work place and explained their duties.
The Sofia City Hall also participated actively in the initiative. Six Deputy Mayors showed school students how the important decisions about Sofia's management are made. The students, who are from Sofia, Dryanovo and Veliko Tarnovo also met with Sofia's Mayor, Boyko Borisov.
- » Campaign for Student Candidates has Began at Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski"
- » Over 6500 Bulgarian Students Will Receive Euro Scholarships For the Winter Semester
- » 1,200 Students will Receive Financial Support for Outstanding Performance
- » 892 Schools Across the Country are Closed Due to the Flu Epidemic
- » The Bourgas Prosecutor's Office Ordered a Check on Violence Against Children in a Kindergarten
- » In 887 Schools in the Country there are no Classes Because of the Flu