500 000 Sofia Light Bulbs Go off during Earth Hour
Twenty-two Bulgarian cities took part in the "Earth Hour", the campaign to raise awareness about global warming, Saturday night.
45 emblematic public buildings in downtown Sofia went dark as did, for the first time in its history, the medieval Bulgarian fortress of Tsarevets in the city of Veliko Turnovo.
According to the head of the electricity monitoring center in Sofia, the capital saved some 20 MW of electricity during the Earth Hour, which amounted to the turning off of 500 000 light bulbs.
- » An Earthquake Shook Britain
- » A Powerful Earthquake in Mexico (Video)
- » Day Temperatures will Slightly Rise and Maximum Ones will Reach 6-11°C
- » Scientists have Discovered a Supervolcano
- » Clouds to Again Increase, Maximum Temperatures From 4°C to 9°C
- » Air Quality Monitoring Equipment to Be Installed in Sofia by 2019