500 000 Sofia Light Bulbs Go off during Earth Hour
Twenty-two Bulgarian cities took part in the "Earth Hour", the campaign to raise awareness about global warming, Saturday night.
45 emblematic public buildings in downtown Sofia went dark as did, for the first time in its history, the medieval Bulgarian fortress of Tsarevets in the city of Veliko Turnovo.
According to the head of the electricity monitoring center in Sofia, the capital saved some 20 MW of electricity during the Earth Hour, which amounted to the turning off of 500 000 light bulbs.
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Regulate the Quality of the Fuels for Domestic Combustion
- » These are the Most Polluted Cities in Bulgaria
- » Agung Volcano in Bali Threatens to Erupt
- » NIMH: Mostly Cloudy Over Bulgaria, Almost no Rains
- » Snow Blocks the Turkish Capital
- » NIMH: Changing Clouds Over Bulgaria Today, no Significant Rains