500 000 Sofia Light Bulbs Go off during Earth Hour
Twenty-two Bulgarian cities took part in the "Earth Hour", the campaign to raise awareness about global warming, Saturday night.
45 emblematic public buildings in downtown Sofia went dark as did, for the first time in its history, the medieval Bulgarian fortress of Tsarevets in the city of Veliko Turnovo.
According to the head of the electricity monitoring center in Sofia, the capital saved some 20 MW of electricity during the Earth Hour, which amounted to the turning off of 500 000 light bulbs.
- » How the Northeastern Bulgarian Town of Smyadovo Transforms into Modern Energy Efficient Settlement
- » Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
- » A Spectacular Tornado Hit West Germany!
- » EU Suing France, UK and Germany over Air Pollution Levels
- » Sun, Rain and Thunder, Hail ... The Weather for Today
- » 15 Minutes Hail and Disaster in Byala Slatina, Northwestern Bulgaria