Bulgaria Still Aiming for Kozlodouy Nuclear Reactor Reboot
PM Sergey Stanishev has said that Bulgaria has not given up on the idea of re-booting at least one of the units at Kozlodouy NPP.
Stanishev assured that Bulgaria has no stopped working on the subject, while talking to parliament on Friday, cited by Darik Radio.
He reminded MPs that the closure of units 3 and 4 of Kozlodouy nuclear power plant was enforced by a legal contract with the EU upon Bulgaria's joining of the bloc.
The Bulgarian cabinet is using article 36 of the contract as a tool during dialogue with EU member countries and the European Commission. The article states that in extreme circumstances the contract maybe re-discussed.
Stanishev promised that he and his government would continue to fight for Bulgaria's rights regarding the reactors and that he hoped some results of their efforts would come soon.
- » 55% of Bulgarians are Optimistic About the EU Presidency
- » Estonia Supports Bulgaria's Entry into Schengen
- » Europe can Sue Bulgaria for Lack of Access to 112 Emergency Number for Deaf People
- » Bulgaria will be the Center of Dialogue for the Digital Single Market
- » Bulgaria is the First in the EU in the Growth of Air Travel
- » Rapporteur on the Europol Regulation: Bulgaria's Progress in all Spheres is Visible Across Europe