Energy Giant Offers Financial Support to Study of Italian Language in Bulgaria
The Italian energy giant, Enel, made a donation to seven Bulgarian schools of intensive Italian classes.
The donation of EUR 25 000 was officially announced Tuesday at a ceremony at the "Arena di Serdika" hotel in downtown Sofia, in the presence of the Italian Ambassador, Stefano Benazzo, and the schools' principals. The donation was made through Enel's subsidiary in Bulgaria - "Enel Maritsa-Iztok 3"
The amount will be divided equally among seven schools in Sofia, Plovdiv, Burgas and Varna.
The resources will be used to purchase school books and IT equipment.
The donation is made in partnership with the Italian Embassy in Sofia and has the goal to encourage the study of Italian in Bulgaria. The initiative has come personally from the Italian Ambassador, who has been impressed by the quality of Bulgarian education and the tradition of studying foreign languages.
Each year Enel organizes educational projects such as Play Energy, previously known as Young Energy. In 2008 over 440 000 students from 7 000 schools in Bulgaria, Italy, Romania, Slovakia, Costa Rica, Chile and Guatemala participated in the project.
- » The Prosecutor's Office is Investigating the Admission of Foreign Students at Medical University Sofia
- » In 60 Schools in the Country the Classes are Stopped
- » Sofia University Starts Protests after January 22nd
- » Digital Map will Provide Information About Schools in Sofia
- » This Bulgarian Business School Offers Bitcoin Scholarships
- » Number of Students in Bulgaria Decreased by 17% Due to the Low Birth rates and Migration