Bulgarian Watchdog Press for 11% Lower Gas Prices
Bulgaria's regulatory authority has offered the state-owned gas supply company, Bulgargaz, Thursday to lower gas prices by 11,18% for the second quarter of 2009.
The gas price will decrease by BGN 69 per 1000 cubic meters compared to the first quarter of 2009. If Bulgargaz agrees on the prices it will sell gas to end suppliers and consumers at BGN 545,97 per 1000 cubic meters. The price will be BGN 533 for those connected to the low pressure circuit.
The Bulgarian gas providing company's CEO, Dimitar Gogov, declined comment on the prices offered by the authorities. Earlier in March, the company proposed a decrease of 10,5%.
A public discussion on the gas prices is appointed for March 24, after which the commission must take a decision on the matter.
- » No Expectations of Increase in Fuel Prices in the summer season
- » The Kremlin: Turkish Stream will be Operational by December 30, 2019
- » Bahrain Makes Largest Oil Discovery in its History
- » The Price of Natural Gas Rises by 2.6% from April 1
- » Energy Operator for Central and Southeast Bulgaria EVN Wants a 7% Increase in Electricity Prices
- » Accident at Romania Nuclear Power Plant, Unit Shut Down