Downtown Sofia Wakes Up Buried in Trash
The very heart of Sofia, the so-called "ideal center" woke up Saturday morning buried under piles of trash, overflowing from waste disposals.
A reporter of the Bulgarian information agency BGNES informs that all trash containers are filled to the top, while garbage littering the streets significantly surpasses the containers' volume and pedestrians, with looks of disgust on their faces, are trying to make their way through the reeking piles.
According to the BGNES reporter, the situation is comparable to the notorious waste crisis in Sofia in the summer of 2006.
The Sofia City Hall issued official statements Friday, affirming all overdue amounts have been paid to the concessioner in charge of cleaning the capital and the "Novera" company has begun cleaning areas where they previously refused to do so.
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Mostly Cloudy and Rains Will Fall in Many Areas
- » 2.9 Earthquake on the Richter Scale is Registered Near Bansko
- » Ekathimerini: Storm System Hiits Western Greece, Causes Rock Falls
- » Bulgarian Scientists Presented New Discoveries in the Field of Organic Chemistry
- » Europeans can Watch Online the Quality of the Air they Breathe
- » Antidepressants getting into Rivers make the Fish Aggressive