Downtown Sofia Wakes Up Buried in Trash
The very heart of Sofia, the so-called "ideal center" woke up Saturday morning buried under piles of trash, overflowing from waste disposals.
A reporter of the Bulgarian information agency BGNES informs that all trash containers are filled to the top, while garbage littering the streets significantly surpasses the containers' volume and pedestrians, with looks of disgust on their faces, are trying to make their way through the reeking piles.
According to the BGNES reporter, the situation is comparable to the notorious waste crisis in Sofia in the summer of 2006.
The Sofia City Hall issued official statements Friday, affirming all overdue amounts have been paid to the concessioner in charge of cleaning the capital and the "Novera" company has begun cleaning areas where they previously refused to do so.
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C
- » Moderate Magnetic Storm will Reach Earth
- » Powerful Earthquake in Romania
- » The Coming Days in Bulgaria: Sun until Noon, do not Forget the Umbrella in the Afternoon
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C