Bulgaria Cuts Twice Threshold for Investor Certificates
First-class investor certificates, the highest investor rank in Bulgaria, will be awarded to companies with a minimum investment volume of BGN 32 million, not BGN 70 million, the government decided on Wednesday.
The investment volume for a second-class investor certificate is decreased from BGN 40 million to BGN 16 million.
Investors in municipalities, whose unemployment rates are equal or higher than the average for the country, will land first-class certificates and be promoted by means of various measures if they make an investment of at least BGN 16 million, down by at least BGN 20 million from the current levels.
The investment volume for a second-class investor certificate in these municipalities goes down from BGN 20 -25 million to BGN 8 million.
The government said that the cut in the threshold by more than two times will help create new jobs, fuel the economic development and reduce differences between regions across the country.
- » Bitcoin Hits New Record High, Breaking $8,000 For the First Time
- » Bitcoin Hit an All-Time High Just Below $8,000
- » Proposal: BGN 510 Min Salary From January
- » The CPC Fined The Bulgarian Commodities Exchange with 1775 BGN for Unfair Competition
- » Bulgaria's GDP Growth Accelerates to 3.9% in Q3 2017
- » 0.6% Monthly Inflation For October 2017
Can someone please tell me what an Investor Certificate is and what it does for the investor. We will soon be in one of the categories and would like to know how we go about getting a certificate, and more specifically what advantages we will hold once we have the certificate.
Thank you very much.