Bulgarian Tourist Business to Get EUR 3,9 B Revenue in 2009 - Report
A total of EUR 3,9 B is the expected income from the 2009 tourist season in Bulgaria, the Head of the Bulgarian Institute for Analysis and Evaluation of Tourist Business, Rumen Draganov, explained, cited by the Pari Daily.
EUR 1,9 B of Bulgaria's total tourism revenue is expected to come from foreign tourists, and EUR 2 B - from Bulgarian tourists.
"We should not expect losses resulting from the global financial crisis", Draganov said. In his words, no reservations have been canceled yet. "Everybody is talking about delay in making reservations. Except for the Russians, no one else has asked for lower prices", he said.
Representatives of the tourist business objected to Draganov, and explained that there had been fewer tourists during the winter season so far. They added that Japanese and British tour operators had asked for price reduction.
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels
- » Protesters Want a Second Lift in Bansko Winter Resort