120 New Hotels Open up in Bulgaria in 2008
120 news hotels opened doors in Bulgaria in 2008, according to data released by the National Statistical Institute.
This is an 8% increase bringing the total number of hotels in Bulgaria to 1 646. 43,3% of all hotels, and 63,8% of all hotel beds are located on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
A total of 3 217 accommodation facilities existed in Bulgaria in 2008, including hotels, motels, camping sites, and lodges.
The total number of beds in these facilities increased by 7,3% in 2008 to reach over 293 000 beds.
The number of overnight stays in Bulgaria's accommodation facilities grew by 1,2% (or by 215 000) compared to the 2007 figures, reaching a total of over 18,3 million overnight stays.
The general trend shows an increase in the number of overnight stays by Bulgarians, and a decrease in the number of overnight stays by foreign citizens.
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels
- » Protesters Want a Second Lift in Bansko Winter Resort