120 New Hotels Open up in Bulgaria in 2008
120 news hotels opened doors in Bulgaria in 2008, according to data released by the National Statistical Institute.
This is an 8% increase bringing the total number of hotels in Bulgaria to 1 646. 43,3% of all hotels, and 63,8% of all hotel beds are located on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
A total of 3 217 accommodation facilities existed in Bulgaria in 2008, including hotels, motels, camping sites, and lodges.
The total number of beds in these facilities increased by 7,3% in 2008 to reach over 293 000 beds.
The number of overnight stays in Bulgaria's accommodation facilities grew by 1,2% (or by 215 000) compared to the 2007 figures, reaching a total of over 18,3 million overnight stays.
The general trend shows an increase in the number of overnight stays by Bulgarians, and a decrease in the number of overnight stays by foreign citizens.
- » The Cheapest Holiday Destination for 2018? Bulgaria.
- » BGN 6.6 Billion is the Income from Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria in January-November 2017
- » Bansko Ski Center is Shut Down Due to Hurricane Wind
- » Amsterdam's Schiphol Scraps Flights as Storm Disrupts Public Transport
- » Number of Tourists From Greece Who Cisited Bulgaria is Over 1 million
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact