Renown Bulgarian Actor Dimitar Manchev Dies at 74
Dimitar Manchev, a favorite theater and movie actor of several generations of Bulgarians, died in Sofia Wednesday at the age of 74.
Dimitar Manchev was an actor at the Satirical Theater in Sofia where he had more than 100 parts over the years.
He is also widely known for his roles in emblematic Bulgarian movies such as "Goreshto Pladne" ("Hot Noon"), "Toplo" ("Warm"), "Ponedelnik Sutrin" ("Monday Morning"), and is especially famous for his role as the pub owner Mitashki in the movie "Orkestar bez Ime" ("A Nameless Band").
In the recent years, Dimitar Manchev also appeared as the anchor of a popular show on the Nova TV channel.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76